Wednesday, October 7, 2009

'So Many Books, Not Enough Time!'

‘So many books, not enough time!’ I’m sure I share this feeling with thousands of avid readers out there. Just as fast as I remove a book from my ‘to read’ list, three books are added. Reluctantly, I’ve accepted the fact that I will never reach the end of my list. And with the hundreds of thousands of books published each year, there is absolutely no way possible I can read all of them. With this acceptance comes my ability to slow down, relax and completely enjoy the experience of every book I read.

Reading is my passion, which is why I stay up late at night, and why I carry a book everywhere I go, hoping for a quiet moment to open it. Most importantly, it is why I started this blog. Lately, I’ve read some amazing books, many thanks to the followers and fans of ‘Avid Readers Unite’. Connecting with people, who share your passion, truly intensifies your experience.

I’ve decided to share a fraction of my ‘to read’ list with you and invite you to share a fraction of yours. Here goes:

The Pact by Jodi Picoult
The Shack by William Young
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
Ahab’s Wife by Sena Naslund
Escape by Carolyn Jessop
Say You’re One of Them by Uwem Akpan
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Sold by Patricia McCormick
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
Mama Dearest by E. Lynn Harris
The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell

As a reminder, Eat, Pray, Love’ by Elizabeth Gilbert will be discussed this month on our Facebook fan page. And, the Nov. book selection has not yet been chosen; I want to hear from you! Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get copy some on your list. One book I'm excited to see you have is Jane Eyre. LUV that book!! One of my ALL TIME favs. I just really connected with it and had to read it 5 or more times and from time to time I just go back to read little excerpts hear and there. LUV that book!! See ya on FB!!

    Chonrae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'll have to move that one up on my list and order it next month. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete